Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stress, Writers block, and everything in between

Blogging, for me, is probably one of the most stress relieving things. It's a chance for me to sit down, get my thoughts in order, and then write them out. But even something as simple as that, I turn stressful. It's not easy, but somehow I manage.

Here is what I mean. I don't know if I've ever gone into any detail about how my mind works, but although it doesn't necesarily present itself outwardly, inwardly, I try to be a very organized person. Meaning everything has it's "place" and when something is out of it's "place" (I use quotes beacuse the place is in my head) it drives me nuts.

How this relates to my blogging is this. For media related things, I have the media blog. And up until this point, I was only going to use this blog for spiritual and deep profound things. The trouble with that, is where do I put all my other thoughts? They have no place. So instead of starting an individual blog for every different train of thought I have, I just decided to put all "thought" related things into this blog. Hence, the name change and everything. I just needed to finalize it in my head. I don't know if any of you think like that, but I think some of you get what I'm saying. My head is messy and disorganized, while at the same time, everything has it's place. I think by trying to explain myself, I'm just confusing you more. Sorry. I usually consider myself pretty good at communicating what I'm trying to say. Just goes to show you how confusing we as humans can be. Love it?

I don't know why I decided to write about this. There is nothing too particularly meaningful about this entry, but hey! That's the great thing about the web. You don't need a reason to ramble. Ugh. Just had something that needed to get out I suppose.

I guess if there is a point to any of this, it would be as follows. I think people over-complicate a lot of things, even if it's just in the mind. The mind is where stress begins and ends, and I think we have a lot more control over it than we realize. I think I'll start with this whole blog thing. I need to free myeself of the restraints. Restraints, that I subconsciencely put there in the first place. It may be freeing to try the same.

No comments: